Monday, May 21, 2012

Tomorrowland Terrace Breakfast

We recently found out that they serve breakfast at the Tomorrowland Terrace.  We never eat in Tomorrowland because I am a very picky eater, and I don't like Redd Rockett's Pizza Port (worst food in the Disneyland Resort!) and I don't eat hamburgers, which is pretty much all they serve at the Tomorrowland Terrace.

But breakfast at the Terrace?  Why not!  We decided to give it a try!
They have these cool computer boards and as you can see there are 4 options for breakfast.  The breakfast platter of scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes and a biscuit, is standard breakfast fare at Disneyland and it's good.  So are the french toast and the fruit platter.  We have had them all and like them.
What enticed us to the Tomorrowland Terrace was the promise of one of our favorite breakfast foods, the breakfast burrito.  Who doesn't love eggs, bacon, cheese and hash browns all rolled up in a warm flour tortilla? 
We both opted for the breakfast burrito with a side of fruit, and as you can see, a soda.

Notice how empty it is behind me!  There were only a hand full of people eating breakfast around us. It was really so nice and quiet and cool under the covered patio.  And we got to listen to Star Wars cantina music while we were eating.  That was a pleasant change!
 I ordered mine as a special because they said it came with pico de gallo salsa and I despise salsa.

While I was taking pictures, Mr. Diva unceremoniously dove right in and started eating.  From the first bite he warned me that I wasn't going to like it.   He has lived with me long enough to know these things.
Tomorrowland Terrace Breakfast Burrito - ground meat, black beans, scrambled eggs, spicy potatoes, and pico de gallo wrapped in a warm flour tortilla and served with a side of fresh fruit.
Cutting into it, I immediately noticed copious amounts of pic de galloish stuff (red onions, tomatoes, and green cilantro) all mixed into the potatoes.  (you can't fool a picky eater!)  I saw no cheese, no bacon, no eggs, (apparently the eggs were there, but hidden at the bottom) but I did spy black beans and some undetermined type of ground meat. *yucky shiver*

I will stop here and say that Mr. Diva liked his breakfast burrito.  He likes this kind of stuff. He has no problems ordering food at a restaurant.  Even at a Mexican food restaurant.  I, on the other hand, have to go through the list of things NOT to put on my plate, no salsa, no sour cream, no guacamole, no olives, no onions, no cilantro, no pico de gallo, and most importantly,  is the meat ground or shredded? Oh, the poor waiters!

Obviously I did not ask enough questions.  I didn't think you could mess up a breakfast burrito.  Now, I know better.

All that being said, I know that I am one of the few who probably would give this burrito a bad review. I can honestly say that I believe the majority of the people who try it would really like it.  
Despite the yucky breakfast burrito, we would definitely eat breakfast at the Tomorrowland Terrace again.  Especially if it was a morning where we wanted a nice quiet breakfast in the park.  I would just be sure to order the Breakfast Platter or the French Toast next time.  I know I like those!

I borrowed this picture of the breakfast platter from yelp -
And this picture of the french toast from Favorite Stops Along the Way Blog -

See?  Don't those look tasty?  

So despite my personal disappointment in the breakfast burrito, I would recommend the Tomorrowland Terrace for a quiet breakfast to start a busy day in the parks.

1 comment:

Susan Stringfellow said...

Too funny! I am not a fan of mystery meat so no, but I do like Pico. Cute photos and it looks so quiet over there. Nice!