Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mint Julep Bar - New Orleans Square

 
The Mint Julep Bar in New Orleans Square is tucked away in the corner of the French Market building.  It is on the back side near the Train Station.  In fact, depending on which side you ext the train, you can exit right down the stairs and into the Mint Julep Bar, which is what we did.
Let me say that I have had the mint julep and it is okay.  If you like mint and lime together, you will like it.  I'm not a big fan of mint and lime, so I don't order them, but it wasn't horrible.
 As you can see from the menu, you can also get coffee, tea, cocoa and sodas as well as the much sought after Mickey-shaped Beignets.  
I like to get the iced hazelnut lattes here and an order of the beignets.  They make them fresh as soon as you order them, so they aren't sitting around getting cold and greasy.  AND they douse them in powdered sugar.  Yum!
 
 Here is my coffee and beignet from today.  Really, such a nice mid-morning treat!  The powdered sugar makes a delightful mess!
One of the best parts is that as you enjoy this mini- feast, you can sit and listen to Disneyland's Royal Street Bachelors play live jazz.  The Royal Street Bachelors are one of Disneyland's longest performing musical groups.

Next time you are in New Orleans Square, take a little break and enjoy the jazz and beignets!

2 comments:

Susan Stringfellow said...

oh I want to go right now!!! I would love the biegnet and julip! I want to go just to take photos like that and scrap them. LOL

Pam said...

Oh! I love the Bachelors! They are always good and they usually give me beads! :)