Saturday, August 23, 2008

Disneyland Delights!

One of our favorite things to do at Disneyland is to snack! Sometimes we get the odd craving for something out of the ordinary, but we are all pretty much creatures of habit. I don't have pictures of all of our favorites, so this will be post 1 of 2 on Disneyland Delights.

Dad has three things he never fails to get: Cotton Candy,


Golden Horseshoe Cafe Chocolate Cake, (you can see one of Sis's favorites in the foreground - mozarella sticks)



and Disneyland Divinity. It must be DISNEYLAND Divinity with the blue Disneyland sticker on it. If the candy has a gold Disney sticker, that means it was made in Orlando and shipped to California, allowing plenty of time for the nuts in the divinity to go rancid, and we can't have any rancidy divinity. So if they have no divinity with blue stickers, he forgoes that fluffy, white, nut-filled delight. (He can be seen purchasing some from Marcelline's in the layout below)

I love the caramel apples. They used to make them on Main Street and roll them in mini chocolate chips. Now they just dip them in chocolate. Either way is fine by me. We usually go out to Marcelline's on Downtown Disney to get them now though.


I also adore the Churros. Sometimes I get just one, but sometimes I need to do a little double fisted churro munching and I get two.


Lastly, I cannot have a trip to Disneyland now without going over to DCA and getting a Malibu Mocha Frappe from the Bakersfield Bakery. I turned DH onto these and now he loves them as much as I do. They are pretty big, so we try and plan out when we are going to get them so that if we have to stand in a long line, we have a Malibu Mocha to sustain us. It worked really well on the two days this spring when I stood in line for an hour and a half each day at the Princess Faire.



DH really loves to get the Dole Whip from the little stand in front of the Tiki Room.

2 comments:

Laurie Zeller said...

I have a mental note to go get a Malibu Mocha Frappe. Looks so nummy!

Anonymous said...

I love the dole whip too!!

honestly, your scrapbooking skills are amazing!