Sunday, June 3, 2012

Bengal Barbeque

 The Bengal Barbeque is a counter service restaurant in Adventureland right across from Indy.

 It is almost always busy, but the wait is never very long.  I usually don't eat near the restaurant because it is so very, very crowded in Adventureland.  I get my food and go elsewhere to eat it -- like the Golden Horseshoe to watch the Billies.  It just doesn't get better than that!

 Here I am ordering my food to take to the GH.  It was the performance there on this particular day that is seared into my memory.  Those guys are so funny! I need to do a scrapbook page about that particular performance!  But I digress, back to the food.

 So the prices aren't bad and the food is generally pretty good.  Anyone who knows me knows I hate sauces, but I usually get a knife and get most of the sauces off of the skewers so that I get a little of the flavor and almost no sauce.
 The chieftan chicken skewer is good!  $3.79
 As is the banyan beef skewer. $3.99
 But my favorite are the Safari Skewers - bacon wrapped asparagus!!! $3.79
One of the things they are known for here are the Mickey-shaped pretzels served with cheese sauce.  I however decided to try the jalapeno cheese stuff pretzel $3.49.  Yuck.  It was terrible.   don't waste your money.

Over all the food at the Bengal Barbeque is very good.  I like it and I don't know why we don't eat there more often.  We just don't spend much time in Adventureland and so I forget that it is one of our dining options.  But if you are in need of a quick and tasty meal in Disneyland, check out the Bengal Barbeque.  It won't disappoint!

1 comment:

Susan Stringfellow said...

oh I want those safari skewers!!!! yum! Thanks for the review. I would totally stop there.